You may be able to reinstate remedy period service if you opted out of the HSC Pension Scheme because of the discrimination identified in the McCloud judgement. You may be able to specify the period of opted-out service you wish to reinstate.

If you owe contributions for reinstated service and you’re an active or deferred member, you may be able to pay these contributions via a lump sum or an instalment plan. If you’re a pensioner member, you may be able to deduct these from your pension benefits that are already in payment.